Colorful eggs, delicious Easter cakes, tender lamb. If these words begin to be heard, then Easter is just around the corner. Resurrection of Christ is one of the brightest Christian holidays. Usually the days around the holiday are weekends. This allows the whole family to get together and have fun.
Preparation usually begins with venue selection. Some decide to celebrate it abroad, others travel to their native places. To make the celebration enjoyable, it is important to choose a place that offers comfort for the whole family. And is there a more cozy place than the mountain? We offer you to celebrate Easter this year at the foot of Pirin Mountain.
Easter among the unique nature of Pirin
Gather your loved ones and head to the Razlog valley for an unforgettable weekend. Celebrate Easter in beautiful nature and fresh air. We do not deny celebrating in the city can also be fun. But spending the holiday in the mountains has its own charm. It offers peace, comfort, silence. It makes a person humble, silent, discover himself. And this fully corresponds to the messages Easter brings – for peace and light.
If you are wondering what are the advantages of this area, we tell you. Here you can combine a family vacation with a pleasant holiday. You have the opportunity to enjoy the fresh mountain air and indulge in a lot of fun with the whole family. Both Bansko and Razlog offer good conditions for complete relaxation. They allow you to break away from everyday life and create unforgettable family memories.
If you love nature hikes, Bansko surely enchants you. The resort is popular not only for its ski slopes, but also for its beautiful nature. The area is rich in sights and interesting places to visit. The amazing natural resources of the region attract many tourists every year. If you choose to spend Easter here, be sure to touch the paradise of the area. Set aside a day for nature walks. Among the most popular places are:
- Banderishki lakes – They are located in the central part of the Northern Pirin and there are a total of 16. Only 5 of them have their own names, but we guarantee you – all would enchant you with their beauty.
- Baikushevata fir – This is the oldest tree in our country and one of the oldest in the world. It is believed to be over 1300 years old.
- Vihren Peak – If you manage to climb the second largest peak in Bulgaria, you see magnificent views. Be sure to enjoy them. They are really impressive.
For a walk around Bansko we recommend you to visit the Old Town. The narrow cobbled streets and the old Revival houses would take you back to a bygone era. Here are some more interesting places to visit, located in the resort itself:
- The Holy Trinity Church – Until the construction of the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, it was the largest Orthodox church in Bulgaria. Today it has been declared a cultural monument and is located near another emblematic place for the city – the house-museum “Neofit Rilski”.
- The house-museum “Nikola Vaptsarov” – Bansko is the hometown of many noble Bulgarians, including the poet Nikola Vaptsarov. The house-museum is located on the central square in Bansko and is actually the birthplace of the poet.
- The city’s art gallery – If you want to instill in children a love of art, be sure to visit it. Together you can view the paintings stored in it.
And Razlog has a lot to offer its guests. Among the most popular sites is the central park. It is one of the favorite places of locals for rest and relaxation. It captivates you with centuries-old green vegetation and a transparent clear lake. There are also 12 marble slabs with animal signs, which are arranged in a circle like an ancient solar calendar. Among the places you can visit in Razlog are:
- Church of the Annunciation – If you stop by it, you notice that many of the icons have handicrafts. This is because the townspeople take care of the church as if it were their home.
- Nikola Paparunov Historical Museum – It houses a rich collection of old books, traditional costumes and ceramics of the region, the work of local craftsmen.
Easter at the Balkan Jewel Hotel
Located between Bansko and Razlog, Hotel Balkan Jewel is the perfect choice for a different Easter. If you decide to be our guests, we guarantee this would be a holiday to remember with a smile long after. We have taken care to create a cozy atmosphere and lots of entertainment so you do not get bored for a moment. Our holiday packages include 3 or 4 nights with breakfast or breakfast and dinner, a special holiday lunch, use of the relaxation area and children’s playground. A pleasant stay for the whole family is guaranteed. We will be waiting for you to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ together.